Welcome to Sprachcaffe Mallorca!
Our school is located east of the city center on Palma's main beach the "Playa de Palma".
Public transport to the city center is available with several direct bus lines and takes about 15 minutes. The center of nightlife on the Playa de Palma with its bars, restaurants and the island's mayor discotheques can be reached on foot in about 20 minutes.
Our teaching method
We use the direct method; Spanish is therefore the only language spoken in class.
Spanish courses on Mallorca at Sprachcaffe Mallorca
Courses start on Mondays and end on Fridays. Groups have a maximum of 6 students per class and will be set up according to the result of a placement test.
Spanish course types
We offer 2 types of courses; group tuition and private tuition
• Our groups have a maximum of 6 students per class
• Each lessons is 45 minutes long
• Levels are set up according to the result of a placement test
• Courses normally begin at 9 o clock in the morning
• The exact timetable will be published after the placement test
• Course material is lent to students in class
• After the course students will receive a certificate
Vocabulary and grammar are learned in a context with both oral and written exercises.
Great emphasis is put on developing the oral abilities of our students. In class students will have to prepare discussion topics and present themes to be debated in conversation classes.
Our teachers are native Spanish speakers with teaching certificates. Their knowledge and great experience in teaching and the relaxed environment at our school guarantees a great learning experience and success.
Group tuition - Intensive course - 30 lessons per week - levels A0 - B2 in 2017; from 2018 A0 - A2
• 6 lessons per day - each lesson is 45 minutes long - 5 days per week from Monday to Friday - maximum of 6 students per group
• Timetable will typically be: 09:00 - 10:30 (30 minutes break) 11:00 - 12:30 (15 minutes break) 12:45 - 14:15*
• Prices in Euro 2017: First week 295 Euros; every additional week 285 Euros
• Prices in Euro 2018: Each week 220 Euros.
Private tuition with 10 or 20 lessons per week - all levels
• 2 or 4 lessons per day - each lesson is 45 minutes long - 5 days per week from Monday to Friday
• Timetable to be agreed individually
• Prices in Euro 2017: Each week with 10/20 lessons 290/580 Euros
• Prices in Euro 2018: Each week with 10/20 lessons 320/640 Euros
* Please note that the timetable may change due to organizational requirements.
We also offer a very reasonably priced combination of a - free to choose - length of stay in our accommodation with a fixed number of private lessons.
Total of 10, 20, 30 or 40 One-to-One lessons; 1 lesson = 45 minutes ( not per week! )
• Timetable: To be agreed upon individually
• Including accommodation in our comfort apartment - single room in the selected length
• Prices in Euro 2017: Each 10 One-to-One lessons: 150 Euros / each week in the accommodation: 200 Euros
This means you choose the length of your stay in our accommodation (not in the course) with the total number of One-to-One lessons.
If required, further individual lessons can be booked on-site.
No discounts are granted on this greatly reduced offer price.
Our school will be open in 2017 from the 06th of February 2017 to the 1st of December 2017. Group courses start every Monday on levels A0 - B2 (C1 & C2 only as (semi)private lessons)
Lessons will not be held on the following holidays in 2017: 01.03., 13. & 14. & 17.04., 01.05., 15.08., 12.10., 01.11.
02.12.2017 - 11.02.2018 (Winter break).
Our school will be open in 2018 from the
12th of February 2018 to the 14th of July 2018 - Summer Break - 24th of August 2018 to the 30th of November 2018
Group courses start every Monday on levels A0 - A2 (B1 & B2 & C1 & C2 only as (semi) private lessons)
Lessons will not be held on the following holidays in 2018:
01.03., 29.03., 30.03., 02.04., 01.05., 16.07.2018 to 24.08.2018 (Summer break), 12.10., 01.11., 30.11.2018 - 2019 (Winter break).
Group lessons lost due to public holidays will not be recuperated or reembursed; private lessons will be recuperated.
Spanish Course levels
In Mallorca we offer all official Spanish course levels. The participant's level will be determined in a placement test.
Spanish Course level A0
• Beginners - no knowledge
• The most basic structures of Spanish will be learnt
• This includes pronunciation exercises, the most basic grammatical concept as well as most basic vocabulary
• Books used: Español 2000 Elemental & Anaya Método 1 - A1
Spanish Course level A1
• Beginners - little knowledge
• Grammatical structures and vocabulary will give a basic idea of Spanish
• Conversation focuses on how to converse in everyday situations
• Books used: Anaya Método 1 - A1
Spanish Course level A2
• Beginners - basic knowledge
• Indicative past and future tenses are compared and studied in detail
• Practical exercises such as informal conversation is used to improve comprehension
• Conversation is one of the most important parts, students are encouraged to discuss topics in class
• Books used: Anaya Método 2 - A2
Spanish Course level B1
• Starter Intermediate • From 2018 only (semi)private lessons!
• For students who have already studied all Indicative tenses
• After a fast review of all Indicative tenses Subjunctive tenses are the main topic studied in class - starting with Subjunctive present tense -
• Expressions are taught to enrich vocabulary
• Conversation will focus on daily situations on a more advanced level, also on a more formal conversation
• Books used: Anaya Método 3 - B1
Course level B2
• Intermediate • From 2018 only (semi)private lessons!
• All Subjunctive tenses will be studied
• Expressions are taught to enrich vocabulary
• Conversation focuses on articles taken from magazines or the news which are used for further discussions and dialogues
• Books used: Anaya Método 4 - B2
Spanish Course levels C1/ C2
• Advanced & Superior • Only (semi)private lessons!
• For students who have already studied Indicative and Subjunctive tenses
• Grammatical exceptions as well as difficult grammatical details are taught
• In all exercises the most important aspect is to speak and communicate in Spanish appropriately and correctly