Welcome to Sprachcaffe Mallorca!
Our school is located east of the city center on Palma's main beach the "Playa de Palma".
Public transport to the city center is available with several direct bus lines and takes about 15 minutes. The center of nightlife on the Playa de Palma with its bars, restaurants and the island's mayor discotheques can be reached on foot in about 20 minutes.
Our teaching method
We use the direct method; Spanish is therefore the only language spoken in class.
Spanish courses on Mallorca at Sprachcaffe Mallorca
Courses start on Mondays and end on Fridays. Groups have a maximum of 6 students per class and will be set up according to the result of a placement test.
Spanish course types
We offer 2 types of courses; group tuition and private tuition
• Our groups have a maximum of 6 students per class
• Each lessons is 45 minutes long
• Levels are set up according to the result of a placement test
• Courses normally begin at 9 o clock in the morning
• The exact timetable will be published after the placement test
• Course material is lent to students in class
• After the course students will receive a certificate
Vocabulary and grammar are learned in a context with both oral and written exercises.
Great emphasis is put on developing the oral abilities of our students. In class students will have to prepare discussion topics and present themes to be debated in conversation classes.
Our teachers are native Spanish speakers with teaching certificates. Their knowledge and great experience in teaching and the relaxed environment at our school guarantees a great learning experience and success.
Group tuition - Intensive course - 30 lessons per week
• 6 lessons per day - each lesson is 45 minutes long - 5 days per week from Monday to Friday - maximum of 6 students per group
• Timetable will typically be: 09:00 - 10:30 (30 minutes break) 11:00 - 12:30 (15 minutes break) 12:45 - 14:15*
• Price per week: 220 Euros.
Private tuition with 10 or 20 lessons per week
• 2 or 4 lessons per day - each lesson is 45 minutes long - 5 days per week from Monday to Friday
• Timetable to be agreed individually
• Price: Each week with 10 / 20 / 30 lessons: 300 / 600 / 900 Euros
Important: A group at our school consists of at least 3 participants. Should there be less than 3 participants on the same level the booked number of group lessons will be given at a reduced time schedule.
In this case one participant will receive 1/3 of the booked group lessons as one-to-one lessons; and two participants 2/3 of the booked group lessons as a two-to-one lessons. This is considered an increase in quality without any additional costs.
* Please note that the timetable may change due to organizational requirements.
We also offer a very reasonably priced combination of a - free to choose - length of stay in our accommodation with a fixed number of private lessons.
Total of 10, 20, 30 or 40 One-to-One lessons; 1 lesson = 45 minutes ( not per week! )
• Timetable: To be agreed upon individually
• Including accommodation in our comfort apartment - single room in the selected length
• Prices: Each 10 One-to-One lessons: 150 Euros / each week in the accommodation: 200 Euros
This means you choose the length of your stay in our accommodation (not in the course) with the total number of One-to-One lessons.
If required, further individual lessons can be booked on-site.
No discounts are granted on this greatly reduced offer price.
Our school will be open in 2018 from the
5th of March 2018 to the 14th of July 2018 Summer Break from the 16th of July to the 24th of August
24th of August to the 30th of November
Lessons will not be held on the following holidays in 2018:
29.03., 30.03., 02.04., 01.05., 16.07.2018 to 24.08.2018 (Summer break), 12.10., 01.11., 30.11.2018 - 2019 (Winter break).
Group lessons lost due to public holidays will not be recuperated or reembursed; private lessons will be recuperated.
Spanish Course levels
In Mallorca we offer all official Spanish course levels. The participant's level will be determined in a placement test.
Spanish Course level A0 = A1.1
• 1. week in beginner level, beginners with no knowledge
• The most basic structures of Spanish will be learnt
• This includes pronunciation exercises, the most basic grammatical concept as well as most basic vocabulary
• Books used: Español 2000 Elemental & Anaya Método 1 - A1
Spanish Course level A1 = A1.2 & A1.3
• 2. & 3. week in beginner level, beginners with little knowledge
• Grammatical structures and vocabulary will give a basic idea of Spanish
• Conversation focuses on how to converse in everyday situations
• Books used: Anaya Método 1 - A1
Spanish Course level A2 = A1.3 to A2.1 & A1.2
• 3. week in beginner A1 level to 1. & 2. week in beginner A2 level, beginners with basic knowledge
• Indicative past and future tenses are compared and studied in detail
• Practical exercises such as informal conversation is used to improve comprehension
• Conversation is one of the most important parts, students are encouraged to discuss topics in class
• Books used: Anaya Método 2 - A2
Spanish Course level B1 = A2.3 to B1
• 3. week in beginner A2 level to 1. & 2. week in intermediate B1 level, Starter Intermediate
• For students who have already studied all Indicative tenses
• After a fast review of all Indicative tenses Subjunctive tenses are the main topic studied in class - starting with Subjunctive present tense -
• Expressions are taught to enrich vocabulary
• Conversation will focus on daily situations on a more advanced level, also on a more formal conversation
• Books used: Anaya Método 3 - B1
Course level B2
• All Subjunctive tenses will be studied
• Expressions are taught to enrich vocabulary
• Conversation focuses on articles taken from magazines or the news which are used for further discussions and dialogues
• Books used: Anaya Método 4 - B2
Spanish Course levels C1/C2
• Advanced & Superior
• For students who have already studied Indicative and Subjunctive tenses
• Grammatical exceptions as well as difficult grammatical details are taught
• In all exercises the most important aspect is to speak and communicate in Spanish appropriately and correctly